Maitland Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Maitland?
Maitland is a charming city located in the Lower Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, Australia. Known for its rich heritage and generous mix of urban culture and natural beauty, there are plenty of tourist attractions in and around Maitland that are worth exploring. From stunning historical landmarks to picturesque natural settings and entertainment options, this city offers something for every visitor.
Let's dive into some of the attractions that make Maitland a great choice for a holiday:
1. Maitland Gaol - One of the most popular tourist sites in Maitland is the Maitland Gaol, a prison that was in operation from 1844 until 1998. Visitors can take a self-guided audio tour and learn about the history and harsh living conditions of the prisoners who once occupied the cells.
Contact Details: 6-18 John Street, East Maitland NSW 2323, Australia. Phone: +61 2 4936 6482
2. Grossmann House - Built in 1879, this grand Victorian home showcases the delicate splendor of a bygone era. Guided tours offer insights into the life of one of Maitland's historical prominent families.
Contact Details: 280 High Street, Maitland NSW 2320, Australia. Phone: +61 2 4933 3333
3. Walka Water Works - A stunning industrial heritage site, the Walka Water Works was once the primary source of water for the mills and factories in Maitland. Today, it's a beautiful place for a family picnic and features a lovely lake, barbeque facilities and a vast number of walking tracks.
Contact Details: 55 Scobies Lane, Oakhampton Heights NSW 2320, Australia. Phone: +61 2 4934 9600
1. Morpeth Common - Take a leisurely stroll around this beautiful grassy park filled with tall trees, and enjoy picnic spots, a children's playground, scenic walks and abundant birdlife.
Contact Details: Morpeth NSW 2321, Australia.
2. Hunter River - Known for its scenic beauty, Hunter River is a stunning must-see location that offers several attractions to visitors, including scenic boat rides, kayaking tours and river cruises, and stunning surroundings that include sandstone cliffs and native wildlife.
Contact Details: Hunter River NSW 2321, Australia.
3. Maitland Botanic Gardens - Perfect for a picnic, the Maitland Botanic Gardens provides visitors with a beautiful natural escape. With its paths, water features, an aviary, numerous gardens and greenhouses, visitors can meander contentedly and take in the splendor of nature.
Contact Details: 148-168 W High St, Maitland NSW 2320, Australia. Phone: +61 2 4934 4100
1. Maitland Regional Art Gallery - A place for creative spirits, the Maitland Regional Art Gallery houses an excellent collection of Australian art and painting exhibitions. You can also participate in workshops, art classes and other creative events held throughout the year.
Contact Details: 230 High St, Maitland NSW 2320, Australia. Phone: +61 2 4934 9859
2. The Grove - A relaxation spot for foodies and music enthusiasts, The Grove is an outdoor bar that offers delicious food and wonderful music. Experience the ultimate entertainment with live music and a fantastic outdoor atmosphere.
Contact Details: 4 Johnson Street, Maitland NSW 2320, Australia. Phone: +61 433 990 514
Maitland is a beautiful tourist destination with a rich history and a wealth of natural beauty to explore. From its historical landmarks and museums to beautiful gardens and stunning landscapes, there's something for everyone. Whether it's simply strolling through the city's parks, visiting high-class art galleries or discovering new restaurants, Maitland guarantees visitors an unforgettable experience. So why not book your next adventure in Maitland?
Maitland Tourism Articles